Spring is here, and that means spring cleaning!
Some of us are eager to dive in and some of us want to put it off until next year, but no matter how you come at it, yearly cleaning is beneficial. Our homes take a lot of wear and tear throughout the year, and clearing out dust, grime, and cobwebs ultimately makes life in your home better. Additionally, if you’ve ever had to move, it’s nice not to have to deal with years’ worth of buildup! Lastly, the satisfaction and peace of mind you’ll feel as you relax in your newly-cleaned home is well worth it.
The key to not being overwhelmed by spring cleaning is finding the best way to come at it. You can tackle it room by room, surface by surface, or any other way that makes sense to you. At Clean USA, we help a lot of people with spring cleaning, especially when it comes to their carpets. In today’s blog, we want to share some important tips to keep in mind!
Essential Tips for Spring Cleaning
As you survey your home or apartment, here are some items to keep in mind (and suggestions for cleaning them).
- Hopefully, you clean your countertops regularly. However, it’s a good idea to take some time to move appliances and containers so you can get some soap and water all the way to the backsplash. Once you get there, go ahead and clean the backsplash, too. If you have stone or wood countertops, take the opportunity to reseal them.
- Your cabinets may look okay, but they’re probably covered with finger oils, grime, and splattered food. A cloth and bit of soap and water can go a long way here. If you have wood cabinets, invest in wood cream or another product that will moisturize the wood.
- Not having to hand-wash dishes is a great modern advantage, but dishwashers can get really gross. Wipe down the front of the unit and the upper rim of the door. Remove any food from the bottom of the dishwasher and then put it through a dish-less cycle.
- Keeping your food in a fridge full of crumbs and sticky spills isn’t ideal, but we all don’t have time to clean the whole thing out. That is what spring cleaning is for. Pull all the food out and clean the unit both inside and outside. You can make it easier by removing shelves and washing them in the sink.
- How long has it been since you climbed into a bed that smelled fresh and clean? While most people keep up with washing their sheets, pillows and comforters should also be washed two to three times a year. You will notice the difference!
- Your carpets not only bring comfort and aesthetic appeal to your living spaces, they act as passive air filters and shoe-cleaners. Get high-traffic areas professionally cleaned at least once a year to ensure your carpet doesn’t wear down before its time (and make you sick simultaneously). Clean USA’s expert home carpet cleaners are your answer in Sycamore, so give us a call today!