Rain, rain, go away. Right?

To much rain=flooding of your home or business.

This can lead to mold growth, especially if you don’t take care of it quickly. I will be talking about mold, the dangers and how to fix it or if you need to call in someone like Clean USA.

First off, lets talk about mold. Molds are fungi that are found almost everywhere, inside and outdoors, year round. Molds act as nature’s decomposers, breaking down organic matter, and can be various colors including white, orange, green, or black. Molds reproduce by releasing microscopic spores into the air, which can enter homes through windows, doors, cracks, and vents. Most mold shows little ability to actually harm us, they will really just either irritate asthma or allergies. But what you need to watch out for is mold growing a greenish-blackish color. That is Stachybotrys chartarum. This mold is the more aggressive mold. Though all molds are usually treated the same, it is best that if you are seeing this mold to get someone out to take care of the infected area very quickly.

Now, how to clean it up. For most, an I stress most, mold problems, a simple through cleaning with any commercial cleaner or a bleach solution (1 cup bleach to 1 gallon water). This works best on hard surfaces. Carpets and porous surfaces (ceiling tiles, drywall, etc.) will likely need to be removed and thrown away. If you don’t know what to do or if you’ve had major water damage, contact Clean USA for a free quote.
Now the part you care about the most! How to keep mold out of your home or business. The CDC has a few recommendations that are wonderful.

  • keep humidity levels low, try not to go above 50%
  • Use an air conditioner or dehumidifier during the humid months to lower humidity levels
  • Because to have adequate ventilation
  • Use mold inhibitors, these can be added to paint when repainting a room
  • Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products
  • DO NOT CARPET BATHROOMS
  • remove and replace any and all flooded carpets

Remember, the type of mold doesn’t matter, but the allergens it causes do. So it is best to try to remove any and all mold from your house.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us, Clean USA.