How To Maintain The Cleanliness With Pets
It is a fact that keeping carpets clean is an ongoing job, especially with all the traffic that comes in and out of your home. Maintaining the look and cleanliness of your carpet is even more work when you have pets. It is important to have good carpet cleaning habits and routinely have professional carpet cleaning done to get longest wear out of your carpet.
It is crucial to act fast when your pet makes a mess on your carpet. Blotting urine stains and removing spots from muddy paws right away will help decrease the likelihood of permanent staining. It is also important to use cleaning products that are safe for use around pets. Avoid products with a strong smell, or any product containing ammonia or bleach; these substances are toxic for pets. Even though white vinegar is commonly used for cleaning household stains, its pungent smell can remind pets of urine and cause them to mark new areas in your home.
- There are also several ways to prevent pet stains on your carpet:
- Dry your pet’s paws after they come inside.
- Add rugs and/or carpet runners to reduce wear on the high traffic areas of your home.
- Have pet-free rooms that the dogs and cats are not allowed to play in.
- Keep litter boxes away from carpeted areas, such as in a laundry room or bathroom.
- Vacuum often to reduce the amount of pet hair and dander on the carpet.
- Schedule professional carpet cleaning every 6 to 12 months to keep dirt, dust, dander, and allergens from ruining the life of your carpet.
We know you love your pets, so keeping up with their messes inside your home will increase the life of your carpet and keep your furry friends happy and healthy. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for your next carpet cleaning!