Any type of water spill in a home or office is bad. Water has a way of seeping into wood, walls, and floors and ruining anything that it comes into contact with.
What’s worse, when water isn’t cleaned up within a reasonable amount of time, it continues to damage whatever it comes into contact with. This is what makes timely water restoration so important when there is a water spill.
Here are some tips on water restoration for any situation.
– Act fast! Don’t give water spills time to cause damage.
– If the spill is small enough, attempt to sop it up with towels or a wet/dry vacuum.
– If a spill is large, like a sewage backup or washer overflow, try to remove whatever water possible with buckets, then call a professional.
– If you are present when the spill takes place, quickly unplug any electrical devices within the water’s reach.
– Never walk in deep water if the electricity is still connected to the area. Your risk of electrical shock is elevated in such situations.
– To expedite the drying process, once all standing water is removed, mop the area thoroughly. If possible, open any windows in the area to introduce air into the situation.
– Disinfect the water damaged area with a strong disinfectant or cleaner to stop bacteria and mold growth.
– Do not keep any items that have severe water damage. Things like furniture, rugs, and other items that have absorbed water should be disposed of.
– Replace all of the wet or rotted drywall. Once water seeps into drywall, it can cause mold growth and rot. Remove any damaged drywall immediately and replace it.
For more information on how we can help you with any water clean up issues, please contact us today.
1-866-GOCLEAN for immediate assistance with water damage Dekalb County.